Saturday 12 January 2013

12th January 2013 : Philip Glass

I remember being shocked by how manipulative and magical the music in the Hours was. But I definitely did not know who Philip Glass was when I saw that in English class in 2005.

I'd like to say my first encounter with Philip Glass went like this: I was in Florence in 2007 and went for a walk. There was a free concert on the main square. I sat and listened and thought up the whole plot for a short film (that ended up being not so good). But the real man was there. The first time I heard Philip Glass, I also saw him play (with out glasses (ha ha?), from a distance, and also presumably not the first time).

The first 3 tracks on the playlist were, according to sources mentioned on wikipedia, inspired by an Eno/Bowie album.

I'll shut up. Here's your damn playlist for today.

Glass by leonore schick on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment